On this occasion, we will share a tutorial on how to find source code on Github. Github is a popular platform used by developers to store and share their code. By using Github, we can easily find the source code we need for learning purposes or for the project we are working on.
So, for those of you who want to learn how to find source code on Github, consider the following tutorial carefully. We are sure that by following this tutorial, you will easily find the source code you are looking for on Github.
How to find source code on Github
Here’s a tutorial on how to do it:
- Go to the GitHub website at https://github.com.
- Click the “Sign in” button in the top-right corner of the page, then sign in with your GitHub account if you already have one. If you don’t have an account yet, you can register by clicking the “Sign up” button below the “Sign in” button.
- After logging in, you can start looking for the source code you want. You can use the search feature at the top of the page to find the repository you want. Type in relevant keywords, such as programming language name or project name, then press Enter.
- After the search results appear, you can filter the results by using the options on the right side of the page.
- You can choose to show only the repositories you want, for example only those that are “public” or only those that contain source code in a particular programming language.
- When you find the repository you want, you can click on the repository name to view its contents. On the repository page, you can see a list of the files that are in it, as well as other information such as the project description and change history.
- If you want to download the source code in the repository, you can click the “Code” button at the top of the page, then select the “Download ZIP” option to download the entire repository as a ZIP file. Alternatively, you can also click the “Clone or download” button to download the repository using Git, or copy the repository URL to clone using Git on your computer.
That’s a short tutorial on how to find source code on GitHub. Hope this tutorial was useful!